After installing and configuring OpenVPN as a virtual machine under VMware, you can find some problems, like not being able to access other computers in your network.
This problem is often caused because of a misconfiguration of the virtual switch in VMware.
These are the steps to solve it:
- Open your VMware vSphere Client.
- Clic on your ESXi host.
- Clic on the Configuration tab.
- On the left panel, clic on Networking, under Hardware.
- Look for the virtual switch where your virtual machine is and clic on Properties…
- Make sure there is only one network adapter under the Network Adapters tab.
- Under the Ports tab, double clic on the network belonging to your server.
- Clic on the Security tab.
- Under Policy Exceptions, check the Promiscuous Mode: box, and from the drop-down menu select Accept.
- Clic OK and then Close.
That should be all. Now everything should be working.